These swirled elderberry cheesecake bars are easy to make, require no baking and are an absolute dream!
Cheesecake has always been a true love of mine from the time I was a kiddo. It was such a treat when my mom would make one of her old-school cheesecakes. The ones that require hours in a hot bath (it’s a real thing!) and a very delicate process of temperatures and resting. She always said it was worth every minute she put into it.
To this day, cheesecake brings me back to being a kid and peeking through the oven window in anticipation of that first creamy bite.
This is where my love for cheesecake began.
As much as I love this dessert, I can’t find the time to babysit a cheesecake and constantly adjust for three-plus hours. It’s just not feasible in this season of my life. Two kiddos are learning to drive, and sports are happening for all five of my boys — not to mention carving out time for my husband and our massive garden. It’s. A. Lot.
This is where my vibrant no-bake elderberry cheesecake bars come into play.
They are soooo flippin’ good I can barely handle it.
Need a Gorgeous and Easy Summer Dessert?
These no-fail no-bake cheesecake bars are the perfect summer dessert. They’re simple enough for a family dessert, yet sophisticated enough for a girl's luncheon, baby shower or any other special occasion.
In my house, it’s all about simplicity — simple moments and simple (yet incredibly delicious) foods. Simple doesn't mean bland or dull — it means uncomplicated and free of unnecessary burdens. Just like this cheesecake! A super easy recipe that yields the most delightful dessert your entire family will love.
What is Elderberry Syrup and Why Do I Add It to My Recipes?
If you aren’t familiar with elderberry syrup, you’re in the right place! Elderberry syrup is my secret weapon for keeping my family healthy and not catching every sickness that comes our way.
Seriously, though. Before we started taking elderberry syrup, we were all sick… and it felt like constantly. You know that cycle. One gets sick, and by the time that one is on the mend, the next kiddo is sick — and it just keeps going down the line until finally, it hits you as well. With five kids, this process can take a month or longer, and I was fed up.
I started making my homemade elderberry syrup in an attempt to help us fight off those bugs. Little did I know it would completely transform our health from the inside out.
Our immune systems are rock-solid, and because we take it all year round, we're ready when cold and flu season hits!
Here are some quick facts about my elderberry syrup:
- It’s bursting with immune-supporting flavonoids.
- Flavonoids are powerful antioxidants that protect the body’s cells from damage caused by free radicals (aka, viruses & bacteria).
- Certain flavonoids, called anthocyanins, are found in the pigments of dark blue or purple fruits, like elderberry.
- Flavonoids can remarkably support the body’s immune system quickly and effectively with no side effects.
- Elderberry Queen elderberry syrup is free from artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, thickeners and added sugar.
- It’s made with seven organic ingredients: elderberries, aronia berries, honey, ACV, cloves, cinnamon and ginger — that’s it.
To check out my elderberry products, click here.
Ingredients for No-Bake Elderberry Cheesecake Bars
When it comes to this easy recipe, we stick to simple ingredients.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Graham cracker crumbs: You’ll need to make crumbs from graham crackers for the crust. You can either put them in a food processor or crush them in a plastic bag with a rolling pin or can.
- Maple sugar: If you prefer granulated or brown sugar, that’s okay too. We love the health benefits of maple sugar, so that’s why I use it.
- Unsalted melted butter: The melted butter is the glue that holds the crumbs and sugar together.
- Cream cheese: Gotta have cream cheese in a good cheesecake, right? It’s the most important ingredient. Be sure to use room-temperature cream cheese so it blends well.
- Sour cream: You only need a little bit. It helps keep the cheesecake creamy instead of becoming too dense.
- Heavy whipping cream: Adds to the dreamy creaminess in these bars.
- Organic elderberry syrup: creates that gorgeous swirl and makes them immune-boosting.
Ready to get started? Here we go!
How to Make These No-Bake Bars
Start by preparing the crust. All you need to do is combine the graham cracker crumbs, maple sugar and melted butter in a medium-sized bowl. Press them into an 8x8 pan, then pop them in the fridge.
In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and maple sugar. You can do this with a hand or a stand mixer. Scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally, continue to mix till smooth and creamy.
Next, add the sour cream to the cream cheese mixture. Then, add in the heavy cream slowly and whisk it well.
Grab the crust from your fridge and spread the cheesecake layer on top, smoothing it with a spatula.
Finally, drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of organic elderberry syrup over top and use a toothpick to drag through the cream cheese filling creating a swirl effect.
Cover your pan and place it in the fridge for 8-12 hours until these gorgeous bars have set.
Once set, use a knife to loosen the edges away from the pan and slice. If you want clean cuts, just wipe off the knife after each slice.
Now you can enjoy the bars just as is or add berries, whipped cream or both right on top. It’s time to savor every bite.
I’m craving these bars just writing this for you, and now I know what we’re having for dessert tonight! 🙌
Heaven on Earth
These No-Bake Elderberry Cheesecake Bars are a rich, creamy, decadent dessert that tastes like heaven on earth without the fuss. Made with a buttery graham cracker crust and a cheesecake filling that’s smooth and fluffy — this no-bake cheesecake will become your new go-to.
Give it a try, and let us know what you think! 💜
In the meantime, check out more of my favorite elderberry desserts:
🌿 Don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter for even more yummy recipes like this!