If you’re looking for an easy recipe that delivers fluffy pancakes without standing over your cast iron flipping one pancake at a time… you’ve met your match!
Every time I moan and groan about how long it takes to make pancakes, with two at a time in my cast iron pan, my friend Elizabeth chimes in with, “Just buy a griddle, it makes the process go by so much faster.”
As much as I love her (love you girl!), I usually give her a good shake and say something like, “Remember, we don’t use anything nonstick.”
Just in case you’re new around here, hiiii! I’m Lindsey, momma to five boys and the wife to a man I can’t believe I landed. My life is busy, heck… I’m sure you understand!
I’m crazy passionate about holistic living, which means we don’t use:
- Nonstick pans/cookware (Teflon anything really)
- Aluminum baking sheets
- Plastic storage containers
- Plastic cooking utensils
Instead, you can find my kitchen full of:
- Cast iron everything (frying, muffin, bread loaf and pie pans)
- Stone baking sheets
- Stainless steel pots and lids
- Glass storage containers
- Natural wood cooking utensils
So you can see why a nonstick griddle isn’t the right choice for our pancake mornings. But I so badly wanted the convenience! Then I came across this beautiful concept: Sheet Pan Pancakes.
Like, whaaaat? The answer to my breakfast dilemma.
Quick & Easy Sheet Pan Pancakes
Sheet Pan Pancakes are ridiculously easy. They make standing over your stove forever just to make a plate full of pancakes a memory of the past.
Now, all you have to do is whip up the batter, pour it into your greased sheet pan, sprinkle some chocolate chips (or any other add-ins you prefer) and bake. Once golden (10-15 minutes later), pull the pan out of the oven, cut into squares, top with maple syrup (preferably elderberry maple syrup) and anything else your heart desires.
I decided to make these Christmas morning, and they were a hit. I’ll be honest: With how much cooking I had to do for Christmas dinner, I wasn’t looking forward to cooking and washing dishes in the morning.
Instead, after the kiddos opened their stockings before we moved on to presents under the tree… I popped into the kitchen and tossed a pan of these pancakes in the oven in less than five minutes.
Came back to the living room, snuggled all cozy into the couch and continued Christmas morning with my family. By the time we were done, pancakes were on the counter, ready to be devoured.
Don’t judge, but since Christmas morning, I’ve made these Sheet Pan Pancakes a few more times (ahem, like 5ish) because I just needed a lazy morning.
The kids aren’t complaining, either. The pancakes come out so golden, fluffy and delicious. With some whipped cream, berries overtop and the elderberry maple syrup, I don’t feel the slightest bit guilty — and neither should you.
Especially when I’ve pulled my Organic Elderberry Syrup into the mix.
Elderberry Maple Syrup
Yup, you better believe I found a way to incorporate my elderberry syrup into this easy breakfast. Plus, it’s crazy simple!
In a small saucepan, I heat up our pure maple syrup and add a splash of elderberry syrup. That’s it. I stir it and let it heat up together.
Two of my kids don’t even notice the taste. The other three boys can taste the hint of elderberry and LOVE it. I’m right there with them, I LOVE it too. For more than just the flavor and for all these incredible health benefits I’m helping get into their sweet little bodies first thing in the morning.
It’s a great way for all of us to start our day!
Health Benefits of Elderberries
You probably already know this, but if you’re new to elderberries, I’d love to share the incredible health benefits with you.
Here’s why you should be taking elderberry syrup every single day:
- It’s bursting with immune-supporting flavonoids.
- Flavonoids are powerful antioxidants that protect the body’s cells from damage caused by free radicals (aka, viruses & bacteria).
- Certain flavonoids, called anthocyanins, are found in the pigments of dark blue or purple fruits, like elderberry.
- Flavonoids can remarkably support the body’s immune system quickly and effectively with no side effects.
- Elderberry Queen Elderberry Syrup is free from artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, thickeners and added sugar.
- It’s made with seven organic ingredients: elderberries, aronia berries, honey, ACV, cloves, cinnamon and ginger — that’s it.
I started making my homemade elderberry syrup in an attempt to help us fight off those bugs. Little did I know it would completely transform our health from the inside out.
Our immune systems are rock-solid, and because we take it all year round, we're ready when cold and flu season hits! Learn more about my immune-boosting products here.
Why You’ll Love Them
You’re probably already sold on this jaw-dropping life-saving hack: sheet pan pancakes, but just in case you’re looking for a few more reasons to love them:
- Endless add-ins: Once you’ve poured the batter into the sheet pan, sprinkle in your favorites like fresh fruit, chocolate chips, shredded coconut or whatever you’re craving.
- Kids feel like it’s a treat: Pancakes are for special occasions around here, but not anymore. They’re getting their pancake fix regularly and still feel like it’s a treat. Mom-win!
- Picky eaters are happy, too: If you’ve got a picky eater, they’re going to love this. It allows them to pick and choose the toppings, so they feel like they’re getting to pick what they eat.
- Easy cleanup: The batter gets mixed in one bowl and poured into one pan, and that’s it! It’s hands-off from there. Not much cleanup at all means less time in the kitchen and more time doing the things that really need your attention.
- Immune boosting: When you use elderberry maple syrup, your body gets a dose of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants so you can build your immune health and fight off nasty colds and bugs.
Ready for this easy-to-make, oh-so-delicious breakfast? Let’s do it!
Ingredients for Sheet Pan Pancakes
Alright, here’s everything you need for these fluffy pancakes that don’t require standing over the stove for half an hour for only 10 pancakes.
- 2 cups of Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Pancake Mix (feel free to substitute for any pancake mix you prefer)
NOTE: follow the instructions on the back of the package to make the pancake batter. The ingredients listed below are those listed on the back of Bob’s Red Mill Pancake Mix. You want to double the standard recipe.
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of milk (can substitute almond or oat milk)
- Oil for greasing pan
- Pure maple syrup
- Elderberry syrup
- Chocolate chips (or any other add-ins you prefer)
- Toppings: whipped cream, fresh fruit, etc.
As stated above, this is just a simple pancake mix, and I’m following the instructions on the back of the package. One full-size pan does best with 2 cups of the flour mix, so follow the instructions for that equivalent. The back of the Red Mills package only gives instructions for 1 cup of flour mix, so I doubled it.
You’ll also need a mixing bowl, spatula, sheet pan (recommend stone or stainless steel) and a small pot to heat your maple elderberry syrup if you prefer it warm.
Alright, now that you have everything you need, let’s get these made!
How to Make Sheet Pan Pancakes
The directions for making this quick & easy recipe are just that… quick and easy.
Five simple steps, in fact:
1. Mix ingredients for the pancake mix with a spatula in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Grease your 9x13 sheet pan well and pour your mix evenly into the pan.
3. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake at 425F for 10-15 minutes.
4. Warm-up 2 cups of pure maple syrup and add ¼ cup of organic elderberry syrup.
5. Once the pancakes are golden, remove them from the oven and cut them into squares. Serve with elderberry maple syrup and sprinkle your favorite toppings over top.
Then, it’s time to sit back with that beautiful plate of pancakes and enjoy every mouthwatering bite.
Easy Elderberry-Infused Recipes
My two passions in life are immune health and cooking, so I brought them together in my elderberry-infused recipe blog.
Easy and quick recipes that are nourishing to your body — that’s my motto. Because let’s be real, I’m a mom of five, and I don’t have hours to waste in the kitchen, but I still want healthy kids and a healthy family.
If you’re looking for the same thing, you’re in the right place. My recipe blog is full of easy recipes that cover breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and allll the desserts you can imagine. Made with real ingredients, nourishing and absolutely delicious (tested and true by my family of 7).
If you want to grab my free Ebook: Easy Elderberry Recipes, tap here and subscribe to my newsletter.
It’ll be the first thing that shows up in your inbox. You’ll also get weekly recipes/health tips sent to you straight from my kitchen.
👉 Let me know in the comments how well your sheet pan pancakes turned out and any twists you may have added to it! Don’t forget to share your creation on Instagram and tag us @elderberryqueen!