Get a Healthy Dose of Superfoods With This Tasty Elderberry Smoothie Bowl
If these captivating colors don’t convince you of how delicious this smoothie bowl is, the flavors certainly will.
Loaded with superfoods (like elderberry syrup) – this immune-boosting smoothie bowl is a beast.
Dare I say this? I believe purple smoothies are the NEW green smoothies! Because of antioxidants of course!
But don’t worry, you can still throw in a handful of greens to any smoothie, including this one, and get your green fix on.
What’s a Smoothie Bowl?
Smoothie bowls are the ultimate upgrade to the classic smoothie. Smoothies are loaded with veggies, fruits, yogurt, nuts, seeds, and milk of your choice. The possibilities are endless.
Essentially every smoothie has two ingredients: a base, and a liquid. From there, you can build and combine specific ingredients to your personal desire.
I love smoothies, they’re downright dreamy. But they aren’t a meal to me, they’re a DRINK.
I love eating – I mean it when I say this...
I. Love. Eating.
This isn’t something I joke about. Textures and *actual chewing*. Let’s just say this girl prefers to eat her meals, not drink them.
Introducing... the smoothie bowl!
A smoothie bowl is a way to enjoy a smoothie as a meal. You simply reduce the amount of liquid, making a thicker smoothie. Then pour it in a bowl, and next comes my favorite part… toppings! Sprinkle on all sorts of toppings, grab a spoon, and chomp away. Flippin’ delightful.
Immune Boosting Ingredients and Nutritional Benefits
This smoothie bowl recipe has incredible benefits behind that dreamy purple color. The ingredients take it to the next level with the nutritional value they offer.
It’s a simple recipe with these superfood ingredients:
- Strawberries — rich in antioxidants, plant compounds, and full of vitamins and fiber. These beauties protect your heart, brain, immunity, and more.
- Cherries — full of vitamin c, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory compounds. They promote healthy sleep, protect against diabetes, and anti-aging.
- Bananas — an incredible source of potassium, fiber, folate, antioxidants, and vitamin c. These sweet treats moderate blood sugar levels, aid in weight loss, and support heart health.
- Elderberry Syrup — an excellent source of antioxidants, vitamin c, and fiber. These magical little berries tame inflammation, boost immunity, lessen stress, and protect your heart.
- Coconut Milk — high in protein, fiber, and manganese. Coconut milk improves heart health, helps with weight loss, provides electrolytes, and so much more.
Berries are full of antioxidants, making them beneficial for your skin, immunity, and fighting inflammation. We definitely have a healthy dose of berries here.
Every ingredient in this smoothie bowl will build your health from the inside out.
This Elderberry Smoothie Bowl is an antioxidant powerhouse, and packs a crazy healthy punch!
How To Make It
Enough talking about this delicious smoothie bowl, let’s get on to making it.
Grab your blender and let’s get ready to whip this bad boy up.
Here’s what you need.
- 2 frozen bananas (peel the bananas and freeze in slices beforehand)
- 2 tsp organic elderberry syrup
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- 1 3/4 cup coconut milk
Toss all these gorgeous ingredients in your blender and blend away.
If it’s too thick, slowly drizzle additional coconut milk until it’s the consistency of your liking.
Pour into a bowl and add toppings.
- Pomegranate seeds
- Cocoa nibs
- Coconut flakes
- Drizzle of peanut butter, almond butter, or sunbutter.
- Sliced fruit
- Crushed nuts – almonds, pecans, cashews, peanuts, macadamia nuts
- Seeds – hemp, chia, flax
- Bee pollen
You can enjoy this healthy smoothie bowl for breakfast, lunch, dinner, as a snack, or even for dessert. It’s creamy, dreamy, and delightfully refreshing.
The best part is that it keeps your body balanced and your mind energized.
Super easy to make, quick to clean up, and simply delightful to eat.
Grab a spoon and give this Elderberry Smoothie Bowl a try.
Be sure to comment below and let us know if you enjoyed this recipe. Or share a photo and give us the scoop on what toppings you went with.